News & Events for Faculty
There are no new announcements today.
Suggest a Tech Tip
Today's Tech Tip
There are no new Tech Tips today.
There are no new RA listings today.
There are no new bulletin board items today.
Diane Dimond retired in June after almost 25 years on the Duke Law faculty, having served as director of the Legal Writing Program from 1998 to 2013 and taught more than 50 sections of Negotiation.
Duke Law News
- Miller comments on implications of Kavanaugh's dissent in 2011 handgun restriction case Law360
- Kim Burrucker: pro bono connection to community DukeToday
- Garrett co-authors classroom guide to law, politics, societal debate around capital punishment
- Justice Breyer cites Garrett’s work on death penalty decline in recent dissent
- Duke Law welcomes Dean Kerry Abrams
Faculty in the News
- Video: Dunlap says U.S. must incorporate lawfare into its defense planning Defense & Aerospace Report
- Powell says Mississippi battle over mapping algorithm is "exciting" Ars Technica
- Young praises Kavanaugh’s sensitivity to states’ roles in national regulation Stateline
- Garrett: SCOTUS confirmation hearing is "not a good setting to produce real answers to real questions" Law360
- Powell comments on defendant demanding courthouse remove gay pride symbols Indy Week
- Mitu Gulati
Hidden Holdouts: Contract Arbitrageurs and the Pricing of Collective Rights (July 10, 2018) (with others)
- Mitu Gulati
If Boilerplate Could Talk (July 04, 2018) (with others)
- Laurence R. Helfer
Populism and International Human Rights Institutions: A Survival Guide (June 26, 2018)
- Barak D. Richman
Consolidation in Provider and Insurer Markets: Enforcement Issues and Priorities (June 12, 2018) (with Thomas L. Greaney)
- James D. Cox
Seeking an Objective for Regulating Insider Trading Through Texas Gulf Sulphur (June 12, 2018)
- Professor DeMott delivered the Lee Frank Memorial Lecture in Art History at Swarthmore College, titled “Disavowed Art.” (September 07, 2017)
- Professor DeMott participated in the editorial conference for the forthcoming Oxford Handbook of Fiduciary Law and presented a draft of her chapter, “Fiduciary Principles in Agency Law,” at Harvard Law School. (November 10, 2017)
- Professor Steven L. Schwarcz organized the SIFI (systemically important financial institution) Governance Roundtable, "Can SIFI Governance Reduce Systemic Risk?" at Brooklyn Law School, New York. (September 08, 2017)