If Prof. Jeff Ward '09, director of the Start-Up Ventures Clinic, had $5 million he would help his children travel the world, open a brewery, and assist communities. "I think I'd like to find good-hearted people who want to do positive work for their communities and fund them, too," he said.
Welcoming the LLM Class of 2020
Ninety-six accomplished attorneys from 39 countries began their LLM studies on Aug. 19
New Duke Law center will delve into science of criminal justice
The Center for Science and Justice, led by Professor Brandon Garrett, will apply legal and scientific research to reforming the criminal justice system.
The annual celebration of the Law School’s international students and scholars will be held Sept. 23 – 27.
- Richman: Freedom from hospital control, revenue models may be luring doctors back to independent practice Charlotte Observer
- Garrett: New Center for Science & Justice will bring together scholars for impactful research and public service The Chronicle
- Center for Firearms Law hosts panel to discuss state Extreme Risk Protection Order ("red flag") laws Second Thoughts (blog)
- Beale research on crime in the media cited; Pittsburgh TV stations' portrayal of a summer "crime wave" wasn't supported by actual crime statistics Pittsburgh City Paper
- Buell quoted on federal prosecutors' strategy of charging J.P. Morgan metals traders with racketeering conspiracy Law360