Read about the Law School’s 15th dean, an innovative scholar and teacher and a decisive leader who listens, in Duke Law Magazine.
Duke Law welcomes LLM class of 2019
Students from 35 countries will learn about the U.S. legal system and specialized areas of law.
Meet the JD class of 2021
First-year students talk about the diverse paths that led them to Duke Law School.
News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 2:00 PM
Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 12:00 PM
Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 11, 2018, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 25, 2018, 5:00 PM
Friday, October 26, 2018, 8:00 AM
Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:30 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 15, 2018, 6:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Help the Duke community contribute to Hurricane Florence relief efforts Duke University
- Vidmar and co-author study legal malpractice
- “Little Rascals Daycare” archive at Duke Law School documents how wrongful convictions get started
- Bolch Judicial Institute student fellows get practitioner’s perspective on litigation challenges
- Panel considers travel ban ruling and parallels with Korematsu
- Richardson '07 gave up a dream job to help immigrants Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Nassar LLM '08 named to list of "corporate rising stars in Latin America" International Financial Law Review
- Von Buttlar LLM '01 discusses career in international finance regulation International Financial Law Review
- Cahen-Salvador LLM '16 outlines goals of new pan-European progressive party The Guardian
- Profeta '97 assesses McCain's role in addressing climate change The Conversation
From the Campus: Alumni News
In today’s charged political atmosphere, leaders who bring people together to solve problems and implement positive change can be hard to find. Scott Mikkelsen ’06 avoided the rancor that seems synonymous with politics after no one filed to run against him for mayor of Grimes, Iowa, November 2017.
- Chris Richardson '07 discusses his journey from U.S. diplomat to immigration attorney https://t.co/p7DxpfhQ4M - September 21, 2018
- Prof. Clotfelter discusses collegiate "culture of reverence" for sports that "quiets the instinct of otherwise dece… https://t.co/WsBQKKH0Si - September 21, 2018
- Prof. Longest, director of @DukeELPC, says Florence's floods highlight the need for new hog waste storage practices… https://t.co/zuThS956OB - September 21, 2018
- Duke Law alumni, parents, and friends are warmly invited to welcome Dean Kerry Abrams as she begins her tenure. Reg… https://t.co/gdK0AB7Mrk - September 20, 2018
- Tomas Nassar LLM '08 named to list of "corporate rising stars in Latin America" https://t.co/ELsWpU9IJg - September 20, 2018
- Clarence L. Ledbetter JD'69
- Lea F. Courington JD'77 » More
- Eli Mazur JD'02, a partner at YKVN, the largest law firm in Vietnam, has been named a "Leading Lawyer" in corporate and M&A by Asia Law. He was also named the “Best Pharmaceutical Advisor in Vietnam” by multiple organizations. Eli represents U.S. pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam, and is the external in-house counsel for the Pharma Group, comprising 24 pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam.
- Geovette Washington JD'92, senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer for the University of Pittsburgh, was the keynote speaker at the annual April SHARE event that brings together the Pittsburgh region’s most prominent corporations and institutions with Minority Women Disadvantaged Business Enterprises suppliers.