1. Hometown, college, law school: I was born and raised here in Durham. I went to Rice University for undergrad, and did graduate work in Ghana and at Cambridge University before going to Yale for law school.
2. During my free time, I love to: ... run in Duke Forest, go to Bulls games, travel, and have dinner with friends. I read as much
fiction as I can.
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law
read; one TV show I never miss: I like a lot of bands, but I suppose my favorite these days is the Hold Steady. And as a proud North Carolinian, I can't help loving the Avett Brothers, the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and, above all, Doc Watson.
4. Favorite law school memory: That's an easy one - I met my wife (Marin Levy) while we were serving as research assistants for the same professor. Law school was great, but nothing else really comes close.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: There are just too many good restaurants to list. I love coffee at Parker and Otis,
biscuits at Fosters, brunch at Madhatter, nachos and beer at the
Federal, and almost everything at Four Square.